EVER WISH you could find a senior marketing communications professional who is also conversant in the latest Internet and social networking technologies? Read on…
Jenifer consults with a variety of organizations throughout the U.S., drawing upon experience honed from nearly 20 years designing and delivering senior-level marketing communications. Offering a versatile skill set and adaptive approach, Jenifer's background involves a wide range of industries, from consumer products and services, to education and e-learning, transit, travel and philanthropy.
Beginning her career as a promotional writer for a Fortune 500 company, Jenifer became vice president of marketing for an international direct selling company by the time she was 38 years old. Later, she became vice president of sales & marketing for an eLearning company, leading to her ongoing fascination with Internet marketing, digital communications and social networking.
Today, Jenifer plays a lead role in major communications projects throughout the country and is at her creative best taking on new challenges. A writer and editor at heart, one of Jenifer’s strengths is her ability to translate an organization’s core values and goals into compelling, consistent communication across a variety of channels. Able to take projects from concept to completion, she is comfortable working independently, as a team member, or leading the team.
Since August 2004
- Marketing communications professional with over 20 years' senior-level experience in for-profit and nonprofit organizations, offering services to start-ups, turnarounds and high-growth public and private ventures. Experience involves a range of industries, from consumer products and services, to education and eLearning, transit, travel and philanthropy – plus legal research/editing for a variety of civil and criminal court cases.
RTR COMMUNICATIONS—Senior Communications Director/Consultant, Mill Valley, CA
Offer marketing, communications and public relations expertise to diverse client portfolio. Services include strategic planning, research and analysis, brand development, editorial management, content creation, program management, and crisis/reputation evaluation.
• Daughters of Charity Health System – Provided communications expertise for hospital system restructuring transaction requiring approval of the California Attorney General. Involved situation research and analysis, online monitoring, content development and more. Currently working with new management under the post-transaction name of Verity Health Systems.
• Insikt – Key contributor to successful launch of company’s white label loan origination and investing platform. Involved industry research, competitive analysis, content creation and media target list development.
• Creighton University Heider College of Business – Led efforts to increase visibility of the college by promoting key department chairs via strategic media placements, speaking engagements and industry collaborations. Involved developing and implementing personal branding campaigns and individualized editorial calendars, content, social media training, media target lists and campaign reporting protocols.
• Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) – Core member of communications team supporting management during contentious labor negotiations involving two strikes and two worker deaths. Helped plan multi-pronged communications strategy to stay on top of fast-moving media landscape and keep the public informed of latest developments. Involved strategy, research and analysis, content development, media monitoring and crisis communications messaging.
• California State Parks Foundation – Conducted extensive reputation analysis and messaging for the foundation following separate crisis incidents involving ‘hidden’ funds and default of a trusted vendor.
• Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory – Provided media monitoring and assisted in crisis communications strategy for the school after a female student was intentionally omitted from the yearbook for wearing a tuxedo instead of a dress, drawing national headlines and a Twitter campaign.
• Waitt Foundation – Researched, wrote and co-produced WordPress website showcasing the foundation’s extensive philanthropy. Promoted and positioned the foundation via PR and social media.
• Waitt Institute for Discovery – Researched, wrote and co-produced Web portal chronicling the Institute’s search for Amelia Earhart in the South Pacific. Promoted and positioned site via PR and social media.
ARMANASCO PUBLIC RELATIONS—Senior Account Executive/Consultant, Monterey, CA
Provided senior account services, including communications, public relations, research, project management and more for a series of legal cases.
• PennLawFumble (.info) – Edited materials for website critiquing the legal evidence against Jerry Sandusky, and his subsequent trial and conviction. Involved extensive research, along with development of a communications plan and targeted media list.
• College Living Experience – Provided detailed situation analysis and communications counsel regarding a legal case involving an autistic student who murdered a fellow student.
• Sarah Boyle Lawsuit – Researched situation and provided communications counsel regarding teacher’s lawsuit alleging discrimination and wrongful termination by school employer over breastfeeding schedule.
• Robert McCaslin Separate Property Trust Dispute – Researched and analyzed communications aspect of a beneficiary lawsuit against the trustee. Provided background information and suggested messaging.
LEARN .com, Inc. – Communications Consultant, Sunrise, FL (Former VP Sales & Marketing 1998-2000)
Researched, wrote and delivered key marketing communications projects and materials prior to company’s acquisition by Taleo for $125 million. Writer/editor of e-book, “The Double X Factor: Achieving Excellence in Execution,” by Learn .com Chairman and CEO Jim Riley, as seen in the Wall Street Journal.
- Core Competencies: Traditional and Digital Marketing Communications, Public Relations, Social Media, Project Management, Strategic Planning
- Proficient in WordPress, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
JJO Communications is a marketing communications consultancy offering a variety of services, including developing and implementing strategic/brand management plans, sales programs and promotions, creative materials and collateral for print and web, sales tools and incentives, Internet/Intranet site content, public relations and advertising campaigns, social media, presentations and executive keynotes, meetings, conference and event planning, market research and analysis, budgeting and more. Solid history of success across all marketing and communications functions.
GLOBAL TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL
to August 2004
- Key member of leadership team propelling GTI to the 49th largest travel company in the U.S. Developed and delivered marketing communications structure and motivational platform for 37,000-member sales force. Responsible for promotions, member communications, advertising and public relations, field recognition, member acquisition/retention and events.
Key Results: Established and executed the marketing brand strategy; streamlined and enhanced member communications, supervised the creative team and managed the P&L.
- • Established and executed brand strategy as member of senior team;
• Streamlined and enhanced member communications (e.g. monthly magazine, member and customer Websites, marketing toolkit, etc.); and,
• Successfully developed and managed department budget/P&L.
Global Travel International is one of the nation's largest travel agencies with over 37,000 independent travel agents.
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIRS
to September 2003
- Core member of the senior team and general manager of the Reading Jamboree business—a national fundraising program designed to supplement book fair revenues. Responsible for marketing, internal and external communications, content development, customer service and regional sales performance.
Key Results: Developed and implemented strategic marketing plan generating $10 million incremental revenue the first year, improved and reduced cost of marketing materials and incentives by 50 percent, saved millions by implementing a procurement Initiative, and managed the marketing team, vendors and P&L.
- • Created and implemented the first three-year strategic marketing plan for the brand;
• Designed/produced cohesive, cost-effective marketing materials and customer incentives, reducing the original marketing budget by more than 50%; and,
• Spearheaded the Scholastic Direct Marketing Procurement Initiative for Reading Jamboree, projected to save the company several million dollars each year.
Scholastic Corporation is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children's books and a leader in educational technology and children’s media. Scholastic creates quality educational and entertaining materials and products for use in school and at home, including children's books, magazines, technology-based products, teacher materials, television programming, film, videos and toys.
Scholastic distributes its products and services through a variety of channels, including proprietary school-based book clubs and school-based book fairs, retail stores, schools, libraries, television networks and www.scholastic.com.
to October 2000
- Partnered with company founder to market and launch an eLearning start-up that grew into a global giant servicing 500 companies. Later returned to the company to drive key marketing, communications and public relations projects that were instrumental in its acquisition by Taleo Corp. for $125 million.
Key Results: Co-authored the company’s first business plan, wrote and negotiated its first secured contract and launched its first sponsored eLearning program with Marconi Plc.
- Key Results:
• Co-authored the strategic business plan, instrumental in securing initial venture capital;
• Wrote and negotiated the company’s first secured contract as an e-Learning provider to support the Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow (ECOT) of Ohio, the nation’s premier, performance-driven distance learning school; and,
• Marketed, branded and launched the company’s first sponsored e-Learning program for Marconi Plc, a global communications and IT giant with 49,000 employees.
Learn.com is the leading provider of workforce development and productivity solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (“SaaS”) business model. Since the company’s inception, Learn.com has been elevating the way organizations hire, develop, manage and deploy their most important asset, their people.
to August 1998
- Rexall Showcase International, Boca Raton, FL, PM, 1997-1998
- Tupperware Brands, Toronto, Canada, Marcom Consultant, 1994-1996
- PartyLite Gifts, Plymouth, MA, Dir/VP Marketing, 1991-1994
- Tupperware Brands, Orlando, FL, PM, Sales Promotion, 1984-1989
- Orlando College, Orlando, FL, Admissions Rep, 1978-1984
- Creative World Schools, Inc., Raytown, MO, Regional Manager, 1977-1978
- Sun-Journal & Smart Shopper Newspapers, Brooksville, FL Copy Editor, Correspondent Supervisor, 1976-1977