- Contact me Contact Form
MORE ABOUT JENIFER OLSONEVER WISH you could find a senior marketing communications professional who is also competent in the latest Internet and social networking technologies? Read on…
Jenifer consults with a variety of organizations throughout the U.S., drawing upon experience honed from nearly 20 years designing and delivering senior-level marketing communications. Offering a versatile skill set and adaptive approach, Jenifer's background involves a wide range of industries, from consumer products and services, to education and e-learning, travel and most recently, philanthropy.
Beginning her career as a promotional writer for a Fortune 500 company, Jenifer became vice president of marketing for an international direct selling company by the time she was 34 years old. In 1998, she became vice president of sales & marketing for an e-learning company, leading to her ongoing fascination with Internet marketing, digital communications and social networking.
Today, Jenifer plays a lead role in major communications projects and is at her creative best taking on new challenges. A writer and editor at heart, one of Jenifer’s strengths is her ability to translate an organization’s core values and goals into compelling, consistent communication across a variety of channels. Able to take projects from concept to completion, she is comfortable working independently, as a team member or leading the team.
- Experienced in traditional & digital marketing, communications, public relations, strategic planning & project management
- Social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, and more)
- Superior research, writing & editing skills
- Strategic, creative and analytic thinker
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & WordPress
- Comfortable working independently, as part of a group or leading a team
- Lifelong learner!
JJO COMMUNICATIONS - Oviedo, FL - United States(Consultant - Since August 2004)
- Marketing communications executive with over 15 years' senior-level experience in for-profit and non-profit organizations, offering services to start-ups, turnarounds and high-growth public and private ventures. Experience involves a range of industries, from consumer products and services, to education and e-learning, travel, philanthropy and legal research/editing for both civil and criminal court cases.
• ARMANASCO PUBLIC RELATIONS, INC. (http://www.armanasco.com), Monterey, CA
Provide executive strategic account services, including research, writing, editing and PR, for select clients and legal firms.
• RTR COMMUNICATIONS Mill Valley, CA
Provide strategic communications counsel and editorial assistance as needed for http://www.rtrviews.com.
• WAITT FOUNDATION, La Jolla, CA, via RTR Communications
Researched, wrote, edited and co-produced WordPress Website (http://waittfoundation.org) for the Waitt Family Foundation to showcase the organization’s philanthropy in ocean conservation, exploration and discovery, scientific innovation and community building. Also, promoted and positioned the Waitt Foundation and both Institutes via public relations and social media, with over 1,000 targeted Twitter followers. (Managed @SearchForAmelia through May 25, 2010 – now @WaittInstitute, administered by in-house staff.)
• WAITT INSTITUTE, La Jolla, CA, via RTR Communications
Researched, wrote, edited and co-produced historical/scientific WordPress Internet portal (http://searchforamelia.org) to chronicle the Waitt Institute's Search for Amelia Earhart and her Lockheed Electra aircraft in the South Pacific during 2009. Also developed and executed corporate communications plan to create awareness, excitement and traffic for all Waitt Web properties by engaging key audiences using both traditional and new public relations and marketing communications tools (e.g. press releases, social media and more). Updated this site in December 2010 with new links and information.
• LEARN.COM, INC., Sunrise, FL
Researched, wrote and delivered a variety of Web projects for Learn.com, recently acquired by Taleo (http://www.taleo.com), including a customer welcome brochure, new product slicks, press releases and more. Served as a liaison with public relations agencies, press contacts, social media marketing company (IZEA.com) and other creative vendors. Writer/editor of 2010 e-book, “The Double X Factor: Achieving Excellence in Execution,” by Learn.com Chairman and CEO Jim Riley, as seen in The Wall Street Journal. (Learn.com was acquired by Taleo October 1, 2010.)
GLOBAL TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL - Maitland, FL - United States(Full-time - October 2003 - August 2004)
- Developed and executed marketing promotions, member communications, advertising and public relations, events, market research and analysis, recognition programs, member acquisition/retention and more.
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIRS - Lake Mary, FL - United States(October 2000 - September 2003)
- Managed the Scholastic Reading Jamboree business unit, including developing and executing the marketing strategy, brand identity, national sales goals, internal and external communications, Intranet/Web content, promotional materials and customer service initiatives.
LEARN.COM - Sunrise, FL - United States(August 1998 - October 2000)
- Created and directed corporate brand strategy, including sales and marketing, corporate communications, advertising and public relations, B2B/B2C proposals and contracts, sales conferences and trade shows, Web content, marketing materials and collateral, and incentives. Note: Learn.com was acquired by Taleo October 1, 2010.
Early Career - Various - United States(January 1978 - August 1998)
- Rexall Showcase International, Boca Raton, FL PM, 1997-1998
- Tupperware Brands, Orlando, FL, PM, Sales Promotion, 1984-1989 & Toronto, Canada, Marcom Consultant, 1994-1996
- PartyLite Gifts, Plymouth, MA, Dir/VP Marketing, 1991-1994
- Orlando College, Orlando, FL, Admissions Rep, 1978-1984
Rollins College, University of Central Florida, American Management Association, Premark and more... (1986 - 2007)
- - Strengths-Based Leadership Training
- Managerial Communication
- Managerial Skills
- Research Methods
- Successful Time Management
- Xerox Professional Selling Skills
- My Blogroll:
1. Chris Brogan (http://chrisbrogan.com)
2. Brian Solis, PR 2.0 (http://briansolis.com)
3. Jeremiah Owyang, Web Strategy (http://web-strategist.com/blog)
4. Olivier Blanchard, The Brandbuilder (http://thebrandbuilder.wordpress.com)
5. Susan Mazza, Random Acts of Leadership (http://randomactsofleadership.com)
6. Michael Hyatt, Intentional Leadership (http://michaelhyatt.com)
7. Michael Myatt, N2Growth (http://www.n2growth.com/blog)
8. Rick Rice, RTR Views
9. Gini Dietrich, Spin Sucks (http://spinsucks.com)
10. Maria Popova, Brain Pickings
- Avid walker
- NASA fan and proud attendee of STS 133 NASA Tweetup and launch of space shuttle Discovery on February 24, 2011.